Abby wrote in to share some thoughts about the Supergirl season four penultimate episode titled “Red Dawn”!
The moment when Red Daughter said she was “evolved” really struct me because that seemed to be a recurring theme this episode.
– Red Daughter showed her new powers.
– Brainy had his reset.
– Alex’s memory now looks less like Swiss cheese.
– James is hopefully evolving into Turtle Boy.
– Lockwood realizes he is a pawn in Lex plans.
– Lena is going a little darker by poisoning Lillian, while continuing to be a tad bit extra by buying a prison.
– Lillian admits she truly does love Lena.
– And Kara can power up from grass – I’m sure that wasn’t the only thing, but this really needs to be talked about.
Yay for character development!
To conclude, I wonder what Lena will do with the confirmation that Lillian does love her, and how it will affect their relationship in the future. As Brainy says, “boxes open” and I can see Kara revealing herself as Supergirl would be a defining moment for Lena, where she believes the only person who does love her is Lillian.